Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)'s Reviews > Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 1: The Ripper

Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 1 by Tony Lee

Oct 22, 2015

it was ok
bookshelves: arcs, comics, tv_tie-in, netgalley
Read in July, 2011

I will start with a mini rant, which may go longer, we'll have to see. I've never thought that the concept of THE DOCTOR works for comics. The authors are given an infinite canvas and just go all silly. They can do anything and this just ends up being dumb. A show like Doctor Who needs some restrictions. There needs to be boundaries. For the show it's what is possible to do in under an hour for the television. For comics it's anything goes. So, here we get a dopey little story about the TARDIS being infected by 3-D holograms of spam email. Yes, that is all there is, because for some reason the part I really wanted to read about Jack the Ripper wasn't included in this electronic galley. So instead I got a stupid little story that made me not want to pick up the rest of the book, good job IDW, seeing as you just lost Angel, you might want to try and step up your game. Also, the little talking stapler was cute, but very dated... how long ago did word kill him?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 1.