valee's Reviews > Bet Me

Jul 25, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: cont-romance
Read from July 24 to 25, 2011

It was a sweet story, but more chick lit than contemporary romance. While I admit there are some moments when it's nice to read a light funny read, I must say they are not my favorites. In this type of reads I just feel like something's missing. I had a nice time reading this book but it didn't make an impression on me, I could have go on with my life just fine without having read it.

Maybe my main problem was that I never connected with the heroine. I usually like them strong, with a bad ass attitude. Well, the heroine from this book was kinda plain, insecure and full of doubts. It's not that I hated her, it's just that I was feeling the whole time like she should grow some balls -sorry about that- and take over her life.

I was a bit disappointed about this author, but maybe I'll like another of her books more, maybe it was just my problems with the heroine and another book with different characters will suit me just fine. We'll see.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bet Me.

08/03 marked as: read

Veronica86 this is one of my fav books..i know you going to love it :)

valee Can't wait. I'll let you know what I think once I read it.

Holly I hope you like this one, it is my favorite JC book, and one of my favorites overall :)

valee Can't wait to start it.

Petra (Safari Poet) I also loved it. It's one of those books I keep going back to and it's great on audio as well. Enjoy!

Tori You lucky girl, reading this for the first time. I LOVE this book.

Veronica86 @ petra am with u on that u I've read it sooo many time i lost count so i got the audio book and i loved it..

Resti  Triyuliandha I love this book.... :D

Aly is so frigging bored I liked 'Welcome to Temptation' and 'Faking it'. They remind me of SEP's books :)

valee I will definitely try another of her books, I really like the author's style, I think I just couldn't connect with the heroine.

Aly is so frigging bored Those 2 books are crazy :D don't expect some great plot or, I don't know, normal people :D They are very funny and the stories are light and I cried laughing

message 12: by Crista (new)

Crista Hi Lady Vale!
I know I am on the minority, but this author's books do nothing for me! I read Bet Me and was seriously underwhelmed and gave her another try with the highly popular Welcome to Temptation. It was a waste of my time....didn't like it at all! IMHO, if Bet Me didn't do it for you, this author's style just might not be for you. I know it wasn't for me!

valee Thanks to let me know Crista, nice to know I'm not the only one.