Willow's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Jul 20, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary, good-time-laughs, series, small-town

Charming. In a word, I found this story, its characters, and the writing style utterly charming and delicious. I was so pleasantly surprised by this one that it was like, "Hey there, sunshine. Let's get lost for awhile." The best contemporary romance books do that for me. They make me fall for not just the love story, but the heart and the quips amongst the supporting cast. The tug and pull of family trying to get along or at least not kill each other. The futile attempt of out running demons. The flirtatious flutter in your chest, the catch in your breath of falling in love. All of it is simply...irrestible? Do I go there? Well, hell, I just did.

Maddie is a mess of a middle child who wants to start over with sisters she barely knows. She wants to keep the peace between the starkly different personalities, she want to make a go of this Inn their dead mother with a bad case of wanderlust left them. She's stumbling all over the place, but she's so damn sincere that it's impossible not to understand her. Or fall in love with her like Jax does. A hero with just the right amount of alpha and something more. Something a little broken, a little sweet, and yes, just like Maddie, so damn sincere. There's something to Jill Shalvis' characters here. Something real and genuine and so damn believable that for the first time in a while I fell hard for a book that's just meant to be a quick read. I laughed at the dialogue that was so quick and real, and each character carved a place for themselves, so necessary for the first in a series to do, placing the next books on the top of my list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.