Holly's Reviews > Little White Lies

Little White Lies by Aimee Laine

F 50x66
Jul 20, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I am thrilled to own an autographed copy of my friend Aimee's first published book! I hope many more will follow! :)

Little White Lies has a little bit of everything and it kept me overall interested and entertained. The first chapter was confusing at first, so I had to re-read it. While I still didn't quite "get it" until further along in the book, it is impossible not to like Charley and Wyatt instantly, even if everything isn't completely clear. I have a hard time reading (and finishing) a book if I dislike the characters (not including those characters you love to hate). Aimee does a wonderful job with her character development. And, the sexual tension throughout the book is like none I've ever read!

I think well-written books lend themselves to great debate. Possibilities, after all, can be endless. Aimee is a gifted writer and Little White Lies is well-written. However, I would have chosen a different ending for the book, with a different villain. It seemed a little forced to me, and I did see it coming. So I guess, for me, the "book-ends" just didn't work overall. Everything in between flowed nicely; there were surprises and a bit of the unexpected.

The mimics are a unique breed of paranormal, and they captured my attention. I am not ashamed to admit that I have read my fair share of vampire stories. I am delighted to admit that I find Aimee's mimics much more captivating than most blood-suckers. I especially liked the characters James and Maggie and look forward to reading their story someday. ;)

I could say so much more about Little White Lies...how I enjoyed the family connection of the mimics, how Sophie absolutely annoyed me, how good things come to those who wait. It's not a book I would ordinarily pick up to read, but I'm glad I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little White Lies.