Diana~'s Reviews > Silk Is for Seduction

Silk Is for Seduction by Loretta Chase

Jun 13, 2012

bookshelves: author-loretta-chase, historical-romance, amazon-kindle, 2011-reads, regency-romance
Read from July 30 to August 15, 2011

I'm not sure about you, but I adored Silk Is for Seduction. Some of you may think that the hero, Clevedon is cheating on his intended fiancee, Clara... but I don't think so. It was kind of obvious that all they ever felt for one another was a brotherly and sisterly type of friendship. This book had everything that I ever wanted in a historical romance novel: a witty and awesome heroine, a romance full of heart, and lots of bickering between Marcelline and Clevedon! At first, I thought that this romance was doomed between them because of their class differences and the fact that he was going to marry someone else in a couple of months... but, soon Clevedon begins to fall in love with Noirot without even realizing it! He's captivated by her appearance and personality to the point where he eventually stalks follows her back to London. Their chemistry is truly top-notch and there were some moments in the book where it broke my heart.

Besides that, I also thoroughly enjoyed the side characters: Longmore, Sophia, Leonie, and of course... Lucy! Marcelline's cute and six year old daughter. I'm betting that the next book in this series will be about Sophia and Longmore (Lady Clara's brother)! They did meet in this book and it was quite hilarious how it came about. I bet he's already infactuated/intrigued by her at this point. Anyway, I loved this book because even though Clevedon knew about Marcelline's background, he still loved her nonetheless. That's true love!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silk Is for Seduction.

07/30/2011
17.0% "I absolutely love the banter and chemistry between Marcelline and Clevedon!"
08/15/2011
34.0% "They're both falling for each other without even realizing it!"
show 1 hidden update…