Tishia (Paperback Opinion)'s Reviews > Beautifully Broken

Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule

Jul 22, 11

Read from July 20 to 21, 2011

This is a wonderful YA book! Beautifully Broken is the first book in Sherry Soule's Spellbound series. The story follows Shiloh, a 16 year-old witch who is just learning about her powers. Not only is she dealing with that, but she also has the unfortunate ability to see ghosts and demons. She lives in the very creepy town of Whispering Pines, where people just mysteriously vanish.

My favorite thing about this book was the romance that develops between Shiloh and Trent. They just have this connection, and they were instantly attracted to each other. That passion was definitely sizzling. I think the relationship was realistic though. There were awkward moments, sweet moments, passionate moments, and there were also times where they would argue. Their relationship felt very natural and not forced at all.

I really liked Shiloh, she's had a hard life. A lot of things happen in this book that most teenagers wouldn't be able to handle. She troops through it all though. She is brave, selfless, and snarky. She's a character that I think a lot of teens can look up to.

I thought the writing in this book was great. The book kept me hooked, I didn't want to put it down. There were so many events and emotions going on. The book was very mysterious, and definitely had a creepy factor going on. It might be something you won't want to read right before bed if you have an overactive imagination when the lights go out like I do. There were some very sad moments as well, but the sweet romance gave the book good balance. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in ghosts, witchcraft, paranormal, etc... Sherry Soule has an enthusiastic new fan and I'm dying to read the next book in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautifully Broken.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic and well-written review. ;-)
~Sherry