Navdha's Reviews > Banished

Banished by Sophie Littlefield

Jul 20, 2011

liked it

It was okay, predictable but okay. The writing style was fine not over impressive, and the story was not really new. It had some new elements to it but some parts looked straight out from a movie. The characters were okay and this book was serious, no spark of humor anywhere, which m so used to now, that because of its absence, the book didn’t really do it for me. I wasn’t bored, the story never slowed and there was always something going on, but the important things were predictable once you got the hang of it. There was action, spark of romance and a suspense looming in the cliffhanger but alteast m not biting my nails off, so it’s all good. I felt really bad about the dog, Rascal and I really don’t understand why Hailey took so long to figure out about her dog, maybe she knew it deep down and was in constant denial, I just don’t understand why she didn’t bring it up in front of Prairie. Vincent, poor Vincent. I feel so bad for him and a little sad for Prairie. Anyways, the whole book revolved around cleaning up Prairie’s mess and I feel that It was focused on Hailey more in the beginning than later. Kaz’s entry was way too late, him being the main male lead and all, but I hope there is more to their connection in the next book, Unforsaken.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Banished.