Lenore's Reviews > Grey's Awakening

Grey's Awakening by Cameron Dane

This was a very intense and damn hot read. I loved Sirus but I also kind of understood Grey's insecurities. Even though they came from totally different worlds, it was immediately clear they were meant for each other.
Like the previous book in the series, The Sweetest Tattoo, the sex scenes were off the charts hot but, in my opinion, the author does better in m/m. That quite long and highly gratifying scene where Grey learns how to enjoy bottoming was my favourite.
The ending was somewhat abrupt for my liking but it didn't affect my general impression of the book that much so I won't make any more noise about it. This story is one of the reasons I will continue checking out Cameron Dane's books.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grey's Awakening.

message 1: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma Does this title have the ability where to give you that tiny frown while reading? Is there significant angst in the plot? Or is this the one where, cabin, solitude, testosterone and lots of condoms, and life is “Oooo shiny” O.O. . . . . . . Because I don’t want that.
I loved your review so, should I buy it?

Lenore Right. This is an angst-free m/m story. It's smut with some OK plot in-between. The sex itself is hot if you don't mind it being fluffy and very emotional.

So, if you're looking for something intense and angst-ridden you won't find it here. In all honesty? I read Cameron Dane's books as fluffy "breathers" in between my darker regular reads.

And judging from what you usually read? You won't particularly like this one.

message 3: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma Thank you so much for saving me from many *eye rolls* Lenore :)
I just realized I never tried Cameron Dane!

Lenore This is fine if you want to read something like Shades of Gray with hotter sex, hotter guys but less plot. But I guess you don't, right?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Emma, this is what I would call erotic romantic comedy. And it's only comedy because the situation and the plot is so cliche stupid it makes me laugh. So it's a fun hot read, but emotionally flat.

Lenore, it you want fluffy and hot try Get What You Need. Yum.

Lenore *chanting* Smut smut smut smut!!!! Thank you, Kate!

message 7: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma Yeah you are absolutely correct. I don’t usually go for bland plots. I have read shades of grey, long time back. It was right after zero at the bone…..I think. I liked it, at that time. Now I guess my skin is growing thick and impervious to some blood, little angst, and slight fiascos.

Kate I just tried Timing by Mary Calmes……..it was an epic failure when the gay guy (bride’s best friend) fixed her wedding dress lace and picked her up and twirled her round and she *gags* finally gave a tinkle smile.
I also heard that Out of Focus was nominated for the best hot kinky sex……or something.