Janet's Reviews > In Search of the Rose Notes

In Search of the Rose Notes by Emily Arsenault

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 02 to 14, 2011

This is the story of the unsolved disappearance of a young teenage girl, Rose who meant different things to different people. An event that happened in 1990, two young girls who were once babysat by the teenager reunite when Rose's remains are discovered many years later, dredging up old, unanswered questions. What happened to Rose? Why did it happen? And who did it?

Amazingly I didn't think too much about the title of this book while I was reading the story. If I had, I would have been waiting for the arrival of Rose's notes, just one of the missing pieces to a puzzling mystery.

In Search of the Rose Notes is an okay mystery, but it's not a page turner. It's slow moving process and back and forth between the past and present seems like it might give way to some big reveal, but instead it's more realistic than that. If you're looking for on your edge suspense, I'd stay clear. But if you like mysteries that involve self discovery, In Search of the Rose Notes might be for you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of the Rose Notes.