Christine's Reviews > A Fountain Filled With Blood

A Fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming

Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: read-mystery
Read in July, 2011

Another mystery I liked better than I thought I would. The crime solver in this series is a former Army pilot, turned Episcopal priest in upstate New York. Obviously the way she gets involved in solving the crime is a bit contrived, but otherwise the genre just doesn't work! I am enjoying the building tension between her and the police chief, although I struggle with whether he is a schlumpy, small town cop with a unsympathetic wife, 16 years her senior, or if he's a almost fit, handsome, former stud with an unsympathetic wide. Also the bits where each person says "excuse my French" when pretending not to swear in front of others is overused and stupid. People in real life either swear in front of people they know or they refrain. I can understand no one wanting to swear in front a priest, but once she swears in front of you or you rescue her in some way, or you've traipsed all over and shared "moments', its time to stop pretending to be overly polite.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fountain Filled With Blood.