tgrantl's Reviews > Death to the BCS: The Definitive Case Against the Bowl Championship Series

Death to the BCS by Dan Wetzel

Aug 21, 11

I struggled to make it through this book, the entire time wondering what all the hype was about. I dislike the BCS as much as any other college football fan, so the topic alone merits one or two stars. But this book should be called "Death to Logical Fallacies." I hate books that hide lazy writing behind popular and/or controversial topics, just so they can avoid criticism.

What a terribly written piece of non-persuasive garbage. Wetzel spends all his time creating one strawman after another in a vain attempt to distract his audience from the fact he has no cogent insight to offer. Worse yet, he leaves points hanging, then contradicts them later without satisfying the reader.

Again - I am against the BCS; but I am critical that Wetzel leverages the anti-BCS hatred of his target audience to disguise the fact that his he's quite terribly incompetent. Preaching to the choir has its advantages, I guess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death to the BCS.