Kelly Gingras's Reviews > A Question of Honor

Jul 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, ya, novel
Read from July 16 to 20, 2011

I was immediately captivated by the protagonist of the story, Gwen--she is feisty, capable, and intelligent, yet vulnerable and romantic. From the very beginning I was eager to see what would become of her. The book evoked the setting of 12th century Wales quite well with thorough historical details. I felt, though, that the telling of Gwen's story moved too quickly. I would have liked to see Gwen fend for herself a bit more, to struggle a bit more with being so completely on her own before landing successfully in her final place. With a deftly constructed plot, easily flowing dialogue, and a keen attention to historical detail, this book has the bones of a solid and engaging story; I just would love to see a bit more meat on them.

Format note: The Kindle version of this book has no spacing between chapters, which was confusing at first. There are also some bits of dialogue that lack appropriate line breaks to indicate speaker changes, which interfered with the reading somewhat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Question of Honor.

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Thanks, Kelly. I apologize about the formatting. Amazon said they would take a PDF, but the PDF didn't render properly. It was a combination of not knowing how to format and not having the correct tools. I have now corrected the format and tested it on my own Kindle, and everything is formatted the way it should be. I am sorry about the issues you had with formatting.