Mikela's Reviews > Cloaked

Cloaked by Alex Flinn

Jul 19, 11

Read in July, 2011

Wow, I loved this book. I loved how I never knew who Johnny was going to fall in love with. That got me upset at times, though, because I was also trying really hard to locate the direction in which Alex Flinn was going with Johnny's romance. In the end, she made the perfect match for Johnny, Meg. I'm glad they ended up together.
I also loved that Johnny is into shoe designing. I've never heard of a teenage boy who wants to design shoes, but I guess the male shoe designers today had to have started as a teenage boy, so... I'm really glad, she put that as his dream.
I'm also fascinated with all the fairy tales mentioned in this novel. I fell in love with them while reading the book. I didn't know that they were real fairy tales until after I finished the book, while reading the author's note. In her note, she lists a website where readers can the stories about some of the fairy tales in her novel and more. There are so many interesting fairy tales out there that never get it's due credit and I'm glad Alex Flinn decided to put them in her novel. Her books Beastly, A Kiss In Time, and Cloaked have given me a love for fairy tales.
Alex Flinn has really outdone herself with this book. At first when I read the summary of this book, I wasn't really interested in it, because I thought there'd be no romance and just adventure(not that adventure isn't cool because this novel showed me that it is). But after I saw it at Barnes and Noble, I just decided not to "judge a book by it's cover" and give it a try. It has romance, adventure, some tragedy(I call a man being turned into a fox a tragedy), drama, and comedy. Perfect for everyone. You'll never want to put this book down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cloaked.