tarawrawr's Reviews > Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters

Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: 2012debut, challenge-ccc2012, challenge-dac2012
Read on March 03, 2012

REVIEW ORIGINALLY POSTED http://hobbitsies.net/wordpress/2012/...

Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin WAS. SO. MUCH. FUN. Guys, I swear, Meredith Zeitlin took myself and every 14 year old girl I knew and put us in Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters. Minus the growing up in NYC part because I was not cool enough for that.

Not that any 14 year old girls were really cool, HAH. Because that transition from terrible middle school to awkward first year of high school is kind of awful and Meredith Zeitlin captured that SO WELL in Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.

Kelsey and all of her friends – Cass, Em, and JoJo – each had to deal with their own heap of badness and awkwardness and I swear, it was all so realistic. Dealing with friend drama and issues of sexuality and unrequited crushes and crazy families…it all goes down when you’re 14. Especially having the crush on the cute guy who is really a jerk. I loved all the characters, even when I was totally with Kelsey in wanting to shove a certain someone out of a moving bus.

And Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters was HILARIOUS. I was giggling so loud that I got dirty looks from the boyfriend who was trying to watch a movie.

To sum it up – Meredith Zeitlin knows what she’s doing. Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters was the perfect light and fun, yet scarily realistic book that is certain to bring you back to freshman year. Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters is definitely a mood lifter and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good giggle and a great contemp.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters.