anarki's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Oct 25, 2011

Read from July 19 to August 29, 2011 — I own a copy

This is the third book I've read from Mitch Albom. As expected, it simply touched me through its pages. Though I already watched the film before I've read the book, as usual, the book is better.

Morrie Schwartz, his Philosophy in life, the greatest of his wisdom was etched on this book. I just noticed this. Once one is near death, his wisdom grows. We are nearing death each day.

Life, death, silence, and more. His way of thinking –inspired by death was so lively. If I were given a chance to see and talk with the guy, I might have mistaken him for being Aristotle.

But what inspired me most in this books was the power of connections. Just like what Morrie and Mitch had. Especially Morrie's connection to the world. Without that, this book wouldn't exist.

The dialogue of the wave and the ocean really hit me big time.

Everything is connected with one another. The problem is, we ourselves disrupt the connection –we refused to get connected. But why?

Connection and Disconnection. Both are natural processes. Ironic as it may sound, they are not opposites. They are co-existing. You can't be disconnected if you were not connected. And you wouldn't know that you're connected unless you experience disconnection.

In life, you'll meet people. Some will offer flowers. Some will throw stones. Some will not even bother to fucking care. It's normal to meet these kind of people around. But what makes life better than normal? Is it success? Possessions? I guess not.

What's extraordinary is when you meet someone or a few people who'll inspire you, change you, touch your life, to love you more than you love yourself.

What makes life special is the connection to the people, to nature, and to the world. And most of all, our connection to our own selves.

And as well as getting disconnected in the end –that's life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

WHAT ARIA LOVES read more of Mitch Albom! :) i remember what you said about reading more of him. ahahahah

anarki hahaha. I'm keeping what I've said.

WHAT ARIA LOVES Don't worry I won't say anything. ahahaha.

anarki you bettah xD