Alli's Reviews > Blink and Caution

Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones

Jul 20, 11

Read from July 08 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Sweet. Honestly, I don't think this book is really anything special but it has a certain tenderness to it that sets it apart from a lot of the other books out there.

First off, let me say that I loved the characters in Blink & Caution .

Caution is truly a unique heroine. Throughout the book, she develops into such a memorable character. The trauma she's experienced and the grief and guilt she deals with already makes her memorable but as the book progresses, I found that she learns to forgive herself for her mistakes and she learns to feel again through the help of Blink.

Blink is also a character who touched my heart with his sweet awkwardness. At the beginning of the novel, it seems that Blink is a good-for-nothing kid, with nothing really going anywhere. In my opinion, he was very much lacking in personality. But with the introducing of one of the main conflicts, he develops into a much stronger character. With Caution by his side, he grows stronger and smarter.

Together, Blink and Caution make an unforgettable duo who find strength and solace in each other.

Along with the realistic supporting characters like Tamika and Merlin, Wynne-Jones' characters are great.

However, I think the writing was a little choppy. The plot was paced well, but the narration can be confusing. With the alternating perspectives between 3rd and 2nd person, it's ineffective to the reader. If Wynne-Jones had stuck with 3rd person, or 1st, and just alternated the point of view between Blink and Caution, the book would've been easier to follow.

That being said though, this novel was touching in a different way than most. It's a sweet story of forgiving and how two people find strength in each other. And the action was cool, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blink and Caution.