Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books)'s Reviews > Harbinger

Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne

Feb 16, 2012

bookshelves: ya, feb12, for-review, 2012-ya-debut, favorites, psychological-thriller, read-in-2012
Read on February 02, 2012

Words cannot adequately describe Harbinger because the book is an explosion of misleading statements and confusing events. The entire time I was reading it, I was attempting to sort out one clue from the next, constantly wavering between fiction and reality.

Sara Wilson Etienne has crafted an incredible, phenomenal, and radically unique debut that will mess with your mind and open your eyes. It’s part disturbing – it takes place in some future world where cities are full of savagery and scarcity runs rampant – part sexy – Kel is mysterious and dangerous, but definitely has a side of yummy to him – and all-absorbing. Etienne’s storytelling has fast-paced moments, character depth, and a history that is as unpredictable as it is complex.

From the very first page, readers will be taken by Faye, curious about Holbrook, and fearful of what the future holds. The creepy undertones, the nightmares, and looming unknown add this tension to the book that made me furiously turn the pages, desperate for more. The mystery behind Faye and her new Family’s blood-stained hands is ever evolving. One answer only leads to more questions and I was eager to know more.

Harbinger is a bold debut from a hugely talented author. Each and every character has a purpose in the story and wow, is it quite the story! The twists are unexpected and the mystery ever-evolving. Readers will eat it up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harbinger.