K.C. Rivers's Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: mystery, suspense
Read from July 19 to August 15, 2011

This was definitely one of the better recent books writen by Mary Higgens Clark. It seemed like her storylines were starting to wane as she continued writing, but this one captures some of the old suspense that her earlier works were so famous for. Good plot twist, good character development. My only issue had to do with her writing style. Perhaps she's always written this way and I just never noticed it, but she constantly used people's first and last names when it wasn't needed. To introduce a chapter, sure. But when the conversation between two people has already been going on for two pages and you still keep bouncing back and forth between using their first name and including their last name, it's a bit distracting. And why only use the last names for some characters and not others? It's not like there was more than one person named Kevin in the story. I think we all understand that you're referring to Kevin Wilson when you mention him.

That said, I still enjoyed this book much more than the last one that I read by her. It gives me hope that perhaps her future works will be even better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.