Jamie's Reviews > Swirls

Swirls by F.A. Hershey

Sep 02, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, e-books, kindle, fantasy, paranormal-romance, review-copy, review-copy-from-author-publisher, sci-fi, ya
Read from August 19 to September 01, 2013

Swirls is so much more than the summary provides. I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading the book. By the end I was hooked and am looking forward to reading book number two.

Julia is living in London with her family when she starts having strange dreams that always involve a woman with red hair. When she finds out that her dad is moving the family to the Amazon Julia and her mom are not happy at all.

When they arrive Julia meets a girl, Halola, working at the lodge where they are staying. It seems like they have an instant connection, friendship wise. Once they get settled Julia starts to learn more about her native roots in the Kanuayed Tribe. She also learns that she is gifted as a guardian. She needs to figure out how to use her powers to save herself and the ones she loves. Julia is surprised to find out that there is more than just the human race living in the area. It's not long before a new guy, Gabrial arrives who Julia to falls for.

There is so much more to this story but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It is a good, interesting story that I enjoyed reading. It's more of story and scene building than really getting more into the story. There is a little bit of action and romance. It's a good first book and I'm looking forward to getting more into the story in book two.

This e-book was provided to me from the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swirls.

08/19/2013 marked as: currently-reading