Amanda's Reviews > Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny

Women & Money by Suze Orman

Jun 15, 09

Recommended to Amanda by: Jennifer T.
Recommended for: Debbie, Jenny, Mom, Vern
Read in June, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I do think that this book or something like it should be required for high school graduates. Especially for those of us whose parents didn't have money... Where are we (especially women) supposed to learn this stuff? I really liked that she refers readers to her website where you can answer specific questions and get a personalized action plan. I do love lists!

Some of the things I had a handle on such as keeping accurate records and paying off dept but she helped me see the importance of saving more, and getting my husband to have appropriate medical and life insurance, as well as the importance of making sure that we have all necessary documents in order in case anything ever happens to us while our son is young.

I also really like how she talks about not putting yourself on sale, as in not volunteering your time if you don't have time or money, and not selling yourself short with your employeer. I think that this advise is very particular to woman but I think it applies to a person of any gender who is low on self-esteem or is trying to make it in a middle class world when having grown up in a working class or poor family.

the only reason I don't give this book an amazing rating is because I don't think the information is all that unique. Her voice spoke to me very well and the combination of her advise and web tools sets her apart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women & Money.