Melody's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Sep 08, 11

bookshelves: library-book, books-i-own
Read from September 07 to 08, 2011

I have to start this review by saying that I have not added a new series to my favorites list in about a year. I am happy and proud to report that I have added Paranormalcy. I loved this book for so many reasons. I love the heroine. She is a lover of everything pink and she kicks ass while looking good (something I can admire - might not be your thing though as I've read in a few reviews).

This story captures you instantly. First two pages and I was in. I felt that the entire plot developed impeccably, nothing felt rushed and nothing took too long. I'm actually amazed at the way that the author was able to build so many characters and relationships in the span of only one book.

The main thing I love about this series is the world/setting/whatever. The world that Kiersten has created intrigues me to no end. It's different and fresh (which is so hard to find nowadays). I love witty and spunky characters and Evie is definitely all of the above. She's smart and she has such a big heart. I found myself wanting to adopt her as my little fictional character sister.

I checked this book out at the library and 75% through it, I put the book down and picked up my phone,opened up my amazon app and ordered it. I also ordered the sequel. Both in hardcover. I'm so excited to read the next book!

If you have been putting this series off, into your ever-growing to read pile (I'm ashamed to doing this also). STOP! Read this one next.

Here are some of my favorite non-spoilery lines:

"You like reading this stuff?" He raised an eyebrow at all the girly teen and star-stalking content.
"Hey, don't judge. I happen to like popular culture. There's a reason it's popular you know.

"Oh, relax." I waved my hand dismissively. "If he wanted to kill me, he already would have. I brought him all these sharp pencils, ideal for stabbing and he's been a perfect gentleman."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

09/07/2011 page 1
09/07/2011 page 2
1.0% "Wow. I love the protagonist already. She has a pink taser with rhinestones on it. All she needs is a hello kitty taser and she would be my fictional twin."
09/07/2011 page 39