Sita Sargeant's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: favourites, love-triangle, own, teen-romance, young-adult, reviewed, nl
read count: A few

I liked The Mortal Instruments series, I didn’t love it but I liked it. So I thought “what the hell? I liked the other series; I will probably enjoy this one. Plus it has a cool cover. Maybe the book is darker. It’s set in London. I’ve always wanted to go there.” Yep that was what was going through my mind when I picked it up. Weird right? Not at all. I actually liked this one more than I liked The Mortal Instruments series. Why? You may be asking. Well in a minute and in the next few paragraphs, I will say why I liked this more than The Mortal Instruments series; I will also discuss a number of other things. So, BEWARE!

Because you probably have a life I will give you the book in a sentence and a half, and another half, and another half. Okay. Here it is: (view spoiler)

I could go on for ages talking about how much I loved the book. So, I decided to split what I loved about into categories.

Category 1: The characters. I liked most/all of the characters in the book. Even the ones I was meant to hate. They were just so well developed; I imagined them to be real, living people. I give the characters in the book an 8/10. 8 because nobody’s perfect. And even though I liked Tessa a lot more than I liked Clary (she wasn’t as whiny, she wasn’t as short, she wasn’t an ass, she had kick-ass powers, she was generally cool). Will made up for it (Will, like Jace was a dick to everyone around him). But Jem evened it out. I could go on forever about Jem, so I’m gonna stop while I’m ahead. Just one more word or two. Magnus Bane, I loved him in this, he is so awesome and I would love him to have a book all to himself because out of both series he is my absolute favourite character.

Category 2: The writing. I actually thought the writing in this was better than in her other series. But I am a bad judge at writing. So, do it yourself. I give it 8/10.

Last but not least, Category 3: The plot: It was an original plot, much more original than the first. From my Book in a sentence, you should get an idea of what the book is about. Other than that, all I can say is that it was good. I give it 8/10. The book was perfectly paced with just the right amount of twists and turns.

I am glad that I read the book; it was generally a good book. I enjoyed it, so much that I read it all in one night. Not much else to say really. So a picture:

I would recommend this to:
1. Cassandra Clare Fans
2. Paranormal Romance Lovers
3. YA Lovers
4. People bored looking for a good read
5. Kaushalya and Tegan
6. I can’t think of anyone else. Decide for yourself if you want to read it. WATCH OUT! You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.