Rebecca ♥ Mat Cauthon ♥'s Reviews > New Spring

New Spring by Robert Jordan

Feb 20, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, adventure, favourites, reviewed, magic, local-library
Recommended for: fans of fantasy, adventure, intrigue. Anything exciting and new.
Read in March, 2008

This is the first Wheel of Time book I have read. Since it is a prequel, I was a little confused at first as things are not fully explaing, assuming the reader already knows how things work in this wrold. But, with time I figured it out and I am glad I read this first. I guess I dont know for sure until I read more, but it felt like a really great setup, like it very well could have been written first.

What a page turner! As I read I became more and more amazed by the complexity of the story and the society created to tell it. And it has everything! Adventure, revenge, conspiracies, betrayal. Maybe a little potential for romance, but I will have to wait and see about that one. And thats another good thing about reading the prequel first. I didnt know what was going to happen. I didnt know who Lan was and how he was going to become significant. When I reached the end I was actually shaking with excitement and anticipation for the adventure to come.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Spring.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Doppelganger Nice! This book has been waiting patiently on my shelf for me to read, and I believe now is the time to read it! I think it will be a good reminder of the quality of Jordan's writing going into the final book to be released in 2010, A Memory of Light. I really can't wait for that