Brandi Doctoroff's Reviews > The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Jul 23, 11

Read in July, 2011

I just finished listening to this and I am at a loss of words. If you follow my blog, you recall that I tried the whole audiobook thing on the drive to my parents last year and I just couldnt get into it. I decided to give it another shot when I got an email about getting a free audiobook from I am so happy I did. I really enjoyed listening to this book, however I also feel like I want to read it for myself. I am afraid I might have missed something!
Enzo is such a loveable and amazingly loyal dog. I am such a big dog fan that as soon as I realized that the book was narrated by a dog, I knew I would love it! I found myself listening to Enzo talk about how badly he wanted to communicate with his owner, Denny, and thought about my pup. Enzo describes that his only true means of communication with Denny is through subtle gestures. I kept looking at my dog and asking her "what are you thinking? what are you trying to tell me?" Honestly, I know dogs can sense our emotions, and listening to Enzo describe the horrific things that Denny had to go through after loosing his wife, Eve, to brain cancer, proved that even further. Dogs rock!

I highly reccomend this book to any animal lover, and especially those that have had to go through rough patches in their lives but had a loyal companion with them for the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Racing in the Rain.