Cheryl in CC NV's Reviews > Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason

Book Lust by Nancy Pearl

Jun 08, 13

bookshelves: skimmed-reference-dnf

Y'know, Pearl means well. But her annotations are so simplistic, if you're not willing to fly blindfolded, she won't be much help. I glanced at every page and used this website to look up a few of her recommendations, but found nothing to add to my to-read list.

Two main problems - 1) if your taste doesn't match hers, you'll often be disappointed. 2) GoodReads community reviews and Listopias and groups make a book like hers unnecessary. Even google books and amazon reviews are probably more helpful.

That said, if someone gives you a copy, say thank you. And hang on to it awhile; stick it on your reference shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book Lust.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheryl in CC NV Goodreads has gotten even better since I wrote that review. I'm changing my mind about the last paragraph. Let's try this:

If someone gives you a copy, and if you're worried about a certain kind of apocalypse that breaks the internet but preserves the libraries, keep this book. Otherwise, turn the giver onto goodreads, and give the book to your Friends of the Library association.