April (Books4Juliet)'s Reviews > Love Story

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: contemporaries, author-jennifer-echols, on-bookshelves
Read from July 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy

There are two reasons why it is sometimes hard to write a review. First, if a book is not good enough, and second, when it's too good and you can't seem to find the exact words to give the credit they deserve.

There are seems to be a thousand words in my mind when I read this book, but I end up speechless when I finished it. The moment I began reading Erin and Hunter's story, I couldn't put it down. That's the reason too why I was awake at 2 am when a 5.2 earthquake hit our area. I realized soon that maybe if we need to get out of the house that night, I would still be carrying this book! lol!

There are so many things I love about this book and a good plot is one thing. I also like the characters especially the leading ones--Erin and Hunter. Both of them are easy to love, and I understand their feelings well through the stories they write. I find myself re-reading most of the pages before I turn to the next. Sometimes I just stop for a while and I think about a certain part of the story… trying to see clearly the image in my head. There are so many good moments in this book and I will let them linger for a while...

More than just about unspoken love and the consequences of it, this book is also about pursuing your dreams. It's about finding your self-worth, what you can do, and what you can achieve. I am impressed by the author, because she didn't only created a beautiful love story, but an inspiring one as well. If you are someone who dreams to be a writer someday, I think you should read this. I'm sure there's a lot to learn from this book. I expected it to be good, but surprisingly it's so much better.

I love the story as a whole and the way it was written is really fun to read. The romance flavor plus the pretty steamy moments between Erin and Hunter kept me entertained. I love how Erin and Hunter managed to express their emotions--pain, anger, affection, and the unspoken love they have for each other through their written stories. The only thing that I didn't like much is the ending. It was good but it could have been better. For me, it was a bit rushed, and I felt that some pieces are missing. But nevertheless I'm happy with the story and I know that this won't be the last time I'm going to read this book.

"We all do our best work when we write the story we want to read." And I think this is something the author enjoyed reading… because it is definitely a book worth keeping.Jennifer Echols

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Story.