Yvonne Mendez's Reviews > Death Qualified - A Mystery of Chaos

Death Qualified - A Mystery of Chaos by Kate Wilhelm

Nov 14, 11

Read in July, 2011

This is the first book in the Barbara Holloway series and it had a little bit of everything. The mystery itself was very good and the culprit nobody I guessed. The court room drama was very good, I liked the interaction and the fact you already know the accused is innocent but looks guilty as hell, so you have no clue who will win. Then there's the whole sci-fi thing with chaos and math and weird psychology that kinda went over my head, and finally the whole part about Barbara hating the legal system while trying her best to get justice for her client, if that even exists. There was a little too much soap box about the legal system and I mostly skipped those parts. The ending was disappointing, it had no finality, it was like the end of the movie Fellowship of the Ring. I gave it the 4 stars because in spite of this I was hooked during the book and keeping my fingers crossed that I never get caught in the middle of the legal system like that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Qualified - A Mystery of Chaos.