April's Reviews > Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day

Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day by Ben Loory

Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: arc

Ben Loory's short story collection was a unique sort of gift, gotten from the author himself. Each story kept me turning the page, even when I felt confused about what his characters were trying to tell me. And maybe in some ways that was the point. The stories ended where they were supposed to end, instead of being dragged on for pointless page after pointless page. I look for my characters to really tell me things, like I could converse with them in my dreams, so it was a change of pace for me to just sit back and let these strange little stories sink in.
Surreal and enchanting are the words I would use to describe Ben's writing. You really never know what will happen next, which is quite refreshing when you're sorting through recommendations for something fresh and- dare I use the word?- original. For sure, this is a collection you have not seen before. Read it when you want to rediscover a sense of wonderment in your fiction, after you've read something just awful. It will put you right back in the mood to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) you lucky devil! I'm a. jealous you've read this b. super jealous you got it from the author himself.
Your review has only made me want to read this more and now.

April You should read it, yes! I feel super lucky to have gotten it as a gift, so I'm hoping more people will read the reviews and go out and support him.