Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Shadow Heir

Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead

I can't say that this is my favourite book by Richelle Mead. Mead is one of those authors who love to drive their readers crazy, both in good and bad ways that always result in the same thing: the desparate need for another book.

I think with this supposed end to the Dark Swan series, Mead was focusing more on keeping the series open-ended for possible spin-off books. And because of this, there were a lot of pointless build-up because readers didn't get that satisfied hit after reading this.

SHADOW HEIR was lacking in a lot of ways. I will not comment on those points because they are extremely spoilery.

But there is one bright spot and that is Dorian. Oh how I love thee! He kept me from dropping this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Heir.

01/17/2012 page 90
28.0% "Slow start."
01/18/2012 page 90
28.0% "I'm putting this on hold for a bit because procrastinating Annie loves to leave things last minute. I'm so screwed."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I know! I said the same thing on my "review" of the book! What truce? Who writes these things? Do they actually read the books? What truce would you get into with someone who (view spoiler)?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) BAHAHA DID YOU? I posted the cover on my blog and while I read the blurb I nearly had an aneurysm, I was so pissed!

I really hope there is no damn truce!!!

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Oh, there better not be. Kiyo must die! Dorian must be the one for her.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I TOTALLY AGREE!!! What an asshole.

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH The funny this is my non review of this book already has 40 likes. I was amused by that but I guess a lot of people really feel strongly about Mead and her books. She gets us all in an uproar about characters. I hope we're not disappointed.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I agree, there are a couple of authors who love to torture us and I think Richelle is one of them. She does this in almost all her series, which makes me want to sob. But I love it.

40 likes? ahhahaha That's so awesome! I love that!

What's cool is that she can manipulate readers feelings the way she wants them to. I don't think we'll be disappointed. I trust her judgement and thought that VA ended jsut the way it was supposed to. We'll have to see with Succubus Revealed and this one soon.

message 7: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Oh yes, doesn't Succubus Revealed come out soon?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah. Very soon I think I jsut cant remember now. I'll have to look that up again.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess haha i agree, i'm sick of Kiyo f-ing. The back and forth between him and Dorian is killing me.Much better cover than Iron Crowned!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I hope there's no more of this bullshit with Kiyo. He annoys me like no other. Cant wait to read it!

Jen  ~The dreamer~ I friggin hate Kiyo! I want to smack Eugenie in the face, then shake some sense into her!

Cocktails and Books I had the same feeling, Annie. But when you read it, you'll see it's a very uneasy truce for Eugenie.