Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Breaking Free

Breaking Free by Cherise Sinclair

For the synopsis you can read the blurb or other reviews – I think there are enough.

What didn't work for me:
About 193 times "Sir/Sirs" and "Master" even appears much more than "Sir". I didn't have the nerve to count.
8 times "crease in his cheek/his cheek creased". I felt that it was much more but I could be wrong.
11 times "his eyes crinkled/eyes crinkling".
*Ugh* It bugged the h*** out of me!

Nolan in street clothes is JUST Nolan and not "Sir/Master/Dom". He is quite the easy going guy. But the little rabbit (jeez, who wants to be called little rabbit?), Beth had to think about him as "Sir". Once when she's calling him to say goodbye she says Nolan. Beth is a strong woman, she deals with her issues and fears. I get that. But overall, her demeanor is rather irritating.

What worked for me:
The plot is ok. However, I felt that Nolan's reaction is a bit too strong when he discovers that Beth is "lying". And I wouldn't say that she lied. She's just too scared to tell the whole truth about her husband. Nolan is a tender hunk and he cares about Beth. And I love to see him kissing the heroine. Kissing is so essential to me. I miss the kissing and the whole THOROUGH foreplay in BDSM books. Mainly it is just about fu***** and kinky stuff and that's it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Free.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko so do these books need to be read in order? I am curious to start one in the series and I hear Master Marcus and Master Nolan are hot.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "so do these books need to be read in order? I am curious to start one in the series and I hear Master Marcus and Master Nolan are hot."

Jo, I hardly ever read a series in order. I don't think it's really essential. But it's up to you to decide if you want to read them in order. My favorite is definitely Marcus. And Raoul was amazing too! Enjoy!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I have been reading so much out of order lately but it has worked. I find if the story doesn't continue then it doesn't matter. I am trying to decide what to do. Decisions decisions. what one do you think has the best romance?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "I have been reading so much out of order lately but it has worked. I find if the story doesn't continue then it doesn't matter. I am trying to decide what to do. Decisions decisions. what one do ..."

The best romance of the Shadowland series? As I said before Marcus and Raoul's stories are my favorites. As for the best BDSM romance:

I'd always vote for:
Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3) by Joey W. Hill
Mirror of My Soul (Nature of Desire, #4) by Joey W. Hill
Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2) by Joey W. Hill

Decisions, decisions...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jo, Ice Queen and Mirror of my Soul are connected. You have to read both of them. Very, very intense, heart-wrenching, and at times pretty soul shattering. A beautiful love story! I highly recommend you to read these books!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Thanks Baba I love when you give me recs.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "Thanks Baba I love when you give me recs."

You're welcome, Jo. :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko The two books you mentioned specifically sound good. I have them added to my tbr list.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "The two books you mentioned specifically sound good. I have them added to my tbr list."

That's a good call, Jo! ^__^

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I figured you would approve.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "I figured you would approve."

Of course! ^__^

message 12: by Las (new) - rated it 3 stars

Las This is my third Sinclair book, the cheek creasing and dumb nicknames ("little {something}") seem to be a staple. I like the books, but, yeah, it's an annoying tick.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Las wrote: "This is my third Sinclair book, the cheek creasing and dumb nicknames ("little {something}") seem to be a staple. I like the books, but, yeah, it's an annoying tick."

Well, I like Ms. Sinclair's work but this one annoyed me quite a bit. Do you know Joey W. Hill? Give her a try. Maybe you'll like her writing. I'd rec you to read her Nature of Desire series. Skip book 1 since it doesn't seem to be good. But I have read book 2, 3, 4 and 7. They are very good!

message 14: by Las (new) - rated it 3 stars

Las Baba wrote:
Well, I like Ms. ..."

I've heard of Joey Hill and I have a few of her book on by to-read shelf, but I haven't read anything yet. I'll get on that.

message 15: by Dd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dd Great review Baba!I do agree with you!!:))

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Dd wrote: "Great review Baba!I do agree with you!!:))"

Thanks, D. I'm not sure if I really want to go back to this series. She is just not as great as Joey W. Hill. :))

Donna J I have just finished this book and agree with a lot of what you said. For me, the overuse of the words, Little Rabbit and Sugar drove me insane. I also found the crime scene towards the end weak and tidied up all too easily!

I must look up Joey W Hill :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Donna wrote: "I have just finished this book and agree with a lot of what you said. For me, the overuse of the words, Little Rabbit and Sugar drove me insane. I also found the crime scene towards the end weak an..."

This is my opinion but I think that Ch. Sinclair can't hold a candle to JWH. Hope you find a book that you'll enjoy! Good luck! :)