Ashley's Reviews > The Ishbane Conspiracy

The Ishbane Conspiracy by Angela  Alcorn

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: books-i-would-like-to-own, christianity
Recommended to Ashley by: My mom :)
Recommended for: Everyone! Anyone!
Read from July 20 to 21, 2011, read count: 1

Four teenagers at a New Year's Eve party, chatting and laughing, unaware that their lives will be inextricably intertwined by battling forces of good and evil, each struggling for dominion in the teens' lives...

This book was amazing, no two ways about it. Superbly written, gripping characters, enthralling plot, eye-opening letters, life-changing book... this book has it all. It alternates chapters between the story of the four teens, Jillian, Ian, Brittany, and Rob, and letters between demons about how to draw them away from God and use them for their own twisted purposes.

It's hard to write a review without giving too much of the book away, but suffice it to say that I read it in two days, despite stacks of other books calling my name. It's that good. (And the only reason that I didn't finish it in one day was because I started it later in the day.) This book truly opens your eyes to spiritual warfare and the subversive attacks that the Devil uses to bring us down. It exposes lies that our generation has swallowed hook, line, and sinker, and shows how demons use it to exploit and drag us away from God. However, it also shows the detrimental effects on Satan's army when God's people allow themselves to be empowered by Him and do what He asks.

Because of the use of letters between demon associates, I would equate this book with the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Additionally, the books are comparable because they discuss ways of bringing Christians down and keeping non-Christians from finding Him. However, reading one does not make up for not reading the other. Yes, I'm making a two-book-review/plea-to-read in this one review, but you'll just have to deal with it. ;)

Be forewarned, this book does deal with teenage drinking and drug use, premarital sex, and deals heavily with the occult. However, that should not scare you off from it, because these things are dealt with in a mature and Biblical manner, with the appropriate consequences.

Everyone should read this because it's very pertinent and applicable, not only to this generation, but to our parents' generation, and the generations after us. The issues it deals with are, at the core, human issues, not just generational.

Well-written, compelling characters, and superb storytelling combine to present morals and warnings about our culture and the direction we're headed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ishbane Conspiracy.