Sarah's Reviews > Good Girls Don't

Good Girls Don't by Victoria Dahl

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: arcs, romance
Read in July, 2011

At last, at long last, another Victoria Dahl contemporary. Good contemps have been hard to come by lately, with a bizarre trend of alphahole hero behaviour.

Good Girls Don't is the perfect read for a cranky feminist romance lover - Tessa is a strong heroine, but not a cardboard one. She has issues, but she grows - and not just because the hero has a magic Wang O'Mighty Lovin'. Moreover, Tessa is absolutely hysterically funny. She's so easy to relate to as a character, even when she's being ridiculous. I loved that she owns her sexuality, and that it never becomes an issue between her and Luke.

You know what else I loved? Characters get called on their shit in this book. A lot of romances let their characters get away with acting like ninnies, and no one ever stands up to say "knock it the fuck off." Not here - by the end of Good Girls Don't, issues have bloody well been addressed. That goes a long way towards making me believe in the ability of Tessa and Luke to stay together. Also, without giving away massive spoilers, I loved the epilogue. It is what romance epilogues should be, and it does not involve a massive herd of burbling babies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Girls Don't.