Elaine White's Reviews > James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert

Sep 05, 11

Recommended for: die hard Harry Potter fans!
Read from August 21 to September 05, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Being a massive fan of the Harry Potter books and films i loved this book. It's very like the original Harry Potter with the way the characters act and speak. It's exactly the sort of things you would expect from Harry Potter's son.

It's a great kids story, just like the original Harry Potter books. You get a lot of glimpses of the Harry Potter series - mentions of past events, the Battle of Hogwarts, old characters and grudges - but much more with new characters and new circumstances. It's great to see what might have been after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You get to see what happened to Remus and Tonk's son Ted and everyone else's kids. Even though the mischief of Fred and George isn't there, Ted and his 'Gremlins' make up for the loss.

The only drawback for me is that around page 100, i lost interest for a week. Lots of things were hinted at and happening, lots of classes and mischief, but nothing that explained the events at the beginning of the book enough to satisfy my curiosity and continue reading. Eventually, being one to finish what i start, i went back to it and found that after four or five pages, things really started to happen in a way that i became hooked just as badly as i had been when reading Harry Potter. I still have one or two unanswered questions, but am hopeful that they'll be explained in the next two books of the series.

If you read HP 1-7, saw the films and loved them, read this! If you were like me and read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and the Harry Potter Encyclopedia then you have to read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing.

Quotes Elaine Liked

G. Norman Lippert
“Know your feelings. Master them or they will master you.”
G. Norman Lippert, James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing

08/21/2011 page 19
show 17 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elaine White Wow! 61 likes. Thanks guys.

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine If u want a certain book on ebook how do u do it?

Elaine White Katherine wrote: "If u want a certain book on ebook how do u do it?"

If you mean the James Potter series, then go here - http://www.jamespotterseries.com/mugg... - All books are at the top so you can choose Epub or Mobi format. There are new chapters of the current book being released on the website every day at 12pm CST.

message 4: by James (new) - added it

James Whitt I can't seem to figure out how to get it into my Kindle for Android app (on a Samsung Galaxy S3.) I click on it, and it says it is downloaded at the top of my phone screen, but when I click on it I am just returned to the Web page that I was on to begin with. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, but then again I don't even know what "Mobi" is lol. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out? I really want to read this series, but the only way I can seem to do so is directly on the goodreads website, (which doesn't help me if I'm on the road and not on a wifi connection.)
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Elaine White James wrote: "I can't seem to figure out how to get it into my Kindle for Android app (on a Samsung Galaxy S3.) I click on it, and it says it is downloaded at the top of my phone screen, but when I click on it ..."

'Mobi' is the Kindle specific format. Have you tried Epub? If not, I'm sure you could make a suggestion or ask this question to G. Norman Lippert himself. He'd be more than happy to help you. :)

Hey James, did you ever manage to get the series sorted?

message 7: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller Plz, where do u get the books?! I checked on Amazon and, well, all the results came up as other books and stuff. Plz inform me where 2 get the books! :*-( <<<< sad face 4 not finding it

message 8: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller Oh, and how do u contact G. Norman Lippert anyway? need to ask something...

Elaine White Ella wrote: "Oh, and how do u contact G. Norman Lippert anyway? need to ask something..."

You can download the books at the James Potter website - http://www.jamespotterseries.com. You just click on the Wizard or Muggle version (takes you to the same place) and then at the top you click which book you want, in the format you want. It will save to your computer.

To contact G. Norman Lippert here on Goodreads, under his author page or on Facebook at - https://www.facebook.com/jamespotters...

He's on Facebook quite a lot, so you're probably more likely to get him there.

Good luck Ella. Let me know how you get on. xx

message 10: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller thank u! so, u have 2 download the books on your kindle? is there any way 2 get them on a kindle? and also, i tried going on G. Norman Lippert's GoodReads account and i don't know how 2 send him a message, but i think i might know, so i will see if it works

thanks again!

Elaine White Ella wrote: "thank u! so, u have 2 download the books on your kindle? is there any way 2 get them on a kindle? and also, i tried going on G. Norman Lippert's GoodReads account and i don't know how 2 send him a ..."

No problem. Go to the GoodReads page, and there should be a place under his picture to 'send a message'. You download the books to your computer, plug your Kindle into your computer and then transfer them into your 'books' folder on the Kindle. x

message 12: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller kk

message 13: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller found him on goodreads and messages him.

PS so happy :D

message 14: by Ella (new) - added it

Ella Miller TYPO! mean't to say "messaged" and thanks so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!

Elaine White Ella wrote: "TYPO! mean't to say "messaged" and thanks so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!"

No problem :) Happy to help. xx

message 16: by Cate (new)

Cate Thank you! I absolutely loved loved loved the harry potter book and movies and I will definitely read this one!

message 17: by Juliet (new) - added it

Juliet Eck Where is the spoiler??

Elaine White Juliet wrote: "Where is the spoiler??"

Juliet, it's more of a spoiler alert for HP fans. If they've not finished HP then they won't know about Ted at all. Also, I hate to give spoilers, so I'm extra careful about saying it even when it's only minor. Sorry. :)