Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > The Wrong Path

The Wrong Path by Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris

Aug 20, 11

bookshelves: 2-stars
Read on August 19, 2011

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

I hate to say this, but I think the reviews for The Wrong Path by Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris are overrated on goodreads.com and amazon.com.

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t consider this a 4 or 5 STAR book.

First off, from the book description I was expecting way more drama.

Secondly, Annabelle, the protagonist, wasn’t likeable. Not even a little bit. She is a naïve crybaby.
Example (SPOILER BEGINS HERE): Parker is not a nice guy. He drugs Annabelle’s drink at a party, with intentions of date-raping her. A few weeks later, after his first failed attempt, he tries to force himself on her again. Will comes to the rescue and abandons Parker in a parking lot. Annabelle wants to go back and get him. (Him being Parker, the guy I just said tried to rape her twice!!!!) I wanted to stop reading the book right then and there. Seriously, what is wrong with you, Annabelle? (SPOILER ENDS HERE)

Also, she places entirely too much importance on being a part of the “in crowd”. Not to mention, the girls who are a part of the “in crowd” are stereotyped from their freshly styled heads to their manicured toes. And, the people who aren’t a part of the “in crowd” are all Goths and druggies. (Can you get more stereotypical?)

Agh, I feel bad for ripping on this book. I REALLY wanted to like it. Based on all the stellar reviews, I had extremely high expectations going into this novel, and they were NOT met.

I gave The Wrong Path by Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris 2 STARS. I thought it was slow, lacked excitement and was full of clichéd characters. If you are still interested in The Wrong Path after reading this review, then purchase it on Amazon Kindle. It only cost a dollar.

-XOXO

READING, EATING & DREAMING
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Path.