Robert Colquhoun's Reviews > Kane and Abel

Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer

Jul 18, 11

Read in July, 2011

Great book! I was never quite sure which character (Kane or Abel) I liked or disliked. My thoughts and feelings were brilliantly bounced back and forth by Archer, eventually leading me to like both for different yet similar reasons. They're life struggles are very different yet very similar. This is difficult to explain here but very well written and yarned together by Archer. In the end, it's quite sad that both characters led their entire lives in search of wealth and power to the detriment of what really mattered; family and loved ones.
As an aside, having read this in July 2011, I was humorously amazed that William (Kane) and Kate were spontaneously married while on trip to England and, later in the book, William's son gives his wife-to-be an engagement ring consisting of diamonds surrounding a single sapphire. Remind anyone of a 2011 Royal Wedding??? I just thought the similarities were interesting...especially considering that Prince William & Kate Middleton weren't even born when this book was written.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kane and Abel.