Benjamin Jones's Reviews > I Loved You First

I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs

Aug 08, 11

Read in August, 2011

As you can tell by the title of the book, I Loved You First is a story about love and, me being the sucker for romance and love that I am, I was eager to read it when she gave me the opportunity to do so. I'm so glad that I did!!

Straight up, I absolutely LOVED this book. The story of a girl named Alex and her love for her best friend Seth - it sounds so simple at first but the wrench in the plan comes from the fact that Seth is gay. Alex knows this but it doesn't change her feelings even though, deep down, she knows that the chances of Seth loving her the way she wants to be loved by him are very slim.

I want go into any spoilers as to what happens in this book but I will say that I Loved You First is everything that love is: it's sweet.... it's painful.... it's laughter.... it's crying..... it's real..... it's confusion..... it's something that you can't forget.

Anyone that has ever been in love with a best friend, or been in love PERIOD with someone they KNEW they could never be with, will relate and be able to appreciate this book for the greatness that it is. The characters and situations are real and easy to identify with. The story itself makes for a page turner - I think it took me no more than 2 hours to read it.

Get this book!

10 out of 10.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Loved You First.

08/05/2011 page 7