Tammy Dahle's Reviews > The Comet's Curse

The Comet's Curse by Dom Testa

Jul 18, 11

Read in July, 2011

My thoughts:
This science fiction thriller is set 200 years into the future. A comet has swept by Earth leaving deadly particles behind that are killing adults. Mankind's future lays in the hands of 251 teenagers that have agreed to man a space shuttle and travel to the great unknown. What a premise!
The Comet's Curse is the first book in a planned six part series. The story wastes no time introducing us to a cast of characters we are sure to hear more about in books to follow. The constant shifts of viewpoints from the crew as well as the scientists in charge of the project keep the story interesting and fresh.
My favorite character in this story was actually the computer on board of the Galahad named Roc. His sense of humor and opinions added some lightness to the suspense. I believe his character will continue to develop in upcoming stories and it will be interesting to see what role he plays in the lives of the 251 teenage crew members.
Would I recommend this story to a friend:
Absolutely! I think this book would be very popular to both boys and girls in a middle school library as well as older kids. A good clean read.
Where did I get this book:
I bought it used on Amazon.com I will definitly be looking for the book next in the series called The Web of Titan. I will be giving this book away along with other ARCs I've been sent. Look for that giveaway coming up.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Comet's Curse.