Ariel's Reviews > Promise Not to Tell

Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: thriller

This short little thriller was just not my cup of tea. I see I am in the minority here so by all means check it out. The story is about middle aged Kate who returns to the town she grew up in Vermont to take care of her ailing mother. The town is also the sight of her fifth grade friend's murder and thirty years later it seems the murderer is striking again. Sound familiar?, yeah it did to me too. Too many rehashed old plot points. I have heard this referred to as a "creepy" read but it was just a boring one for me. As soon as Kate hit the cabin in the woods and read the message on the floor I had it the murderer figured out. The rest was rather predictable while the supernatural element seemed like it was tacked on. I like a little more suspense in my thrillers. Check out Jennifer McMahon's guest post at my friend's book blog Stephanie's Written Word. Stephanie had a more favorable review of the book than I did.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Not to Tell.