Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Muscling Through

Muscling Through by J.L. Merrow

I loved this book. I truly did.

At first, I wasn't sure about it because the beginning was so hilarious. Then I thought Larry was just using Al because Al was so adorable. A big, dumb ox really. Although, he's not that dumb, he's just not smart like everyone else. He's sweet, kind and gentle and for some reason I thought Larry was going to break his heart. Which he kind of did. But he didn't so I'm glad I was wrong. Honestly, I did love both Larry and Al and their story was extremely funny. (view spoiler)

My only problem with it was I felt like there was a lot of sex. Thankfully, it wasn't all detailed but there were a lot of blowjobs and handjobs.

Other than that, it's definitely a book I'll be rereading often for it's sweetness and to pick me up after a really angsty book. Definitely Recommended.
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muscling Through.

11/10/2011
32.0% "Al is so cute. A bit dense but so adorable"
11/10/2011
43.0% "Breaks my heart that everyone keeps putting Al down and Larry's the only one that sees Al as anything besides a big scary man :(" 4 comments
11/10/2011
52.0% "Oh no! Gah I hate Ren! >:-("
11/10/2011
78.0% ""Al, you're the most wonderful man I've ever been terrified by down a dark alleyway. Will you marry me?" awwwwww" 2 comments
100.0% "So cute! :)" 2 comments

message 1: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim I think you'll like this story. It was very sweet. There was so much miscommunication between the MCs that it was commical.

LutaWolf Your just now reading this? WTF have you been lol

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* LMAO. Yes, I'm just now reading this. I pre-ordered it a long time ago but I've been busy with school so I was only reading books that I got for review :( but now I need something happy and funny so I'm going with this one! :D

MsMiz (Tina) Loved this one! Glad you are reading it.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. I feel like I was the only one who hadn't read it yet! Glad I finally did :)

Lauraadriana Oh but if they take away these what will us pervy ladies do dear? ;0) Very nice review!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* LMAO. Thanks, LA. Yes, what would all of you pervs do if they took away all the smexing?? You'd be lost ;)

Heather C But it seemed like the appropriate amount of sex for someone like Al who thought it was "just fucking"

message 10: by Mika (new) - added it

Mika I haven't read it but it's on my list.