Celine's Reviews > First Against the Wall

First Against the Wall by Manna Francis

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: e-book, effing-amazing, fantasy-scifi, m-m

oh my god! back to the sci-fi part of the Administration! bring it on... i was actually missing this the previous books... a little too much quibble between Warrick & Toreth and no underlying story.
and just as i was wondering: can we go back to Kate and the resisters? TAdaaaaa! there we go: absolutely perfect dystopian story that has me pinned on the tip of my seat!

love it love it love it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Against the Wall.

Quotes Celine Liked

Manna Francis
“However much you wanted someone to want you, there was nothing you could do to make it happen. Whatever you did for them, whatever you gave them, whatever you let them take, it could never be enough. Never enough to be sure. Never enough to satisfy them. Never enough to stop them walking away.

Never enough to make them love you.”
Manna Francis, First Against the Wall

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (last edited Jul 18, 2011 04:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Wow, you've been speeding through these books haven't you? TA is on my 'to read asap cause everyone's nagging me about it'-list :).
First I'm reading something that I imagine is similar in many ways: the In the Company of Shadows series by Sonny & Ais.

Celine I know: I've been keeping an eye on your review page! i'm missing your monthly-challenge because of TA... :) then i will need something light and fluffy and i can start a new breath-taking series.. what to choose...What to choose: your soldiers vadim and..whatsisname? or these two? dunno

TA is brilliant... i kept on reading some short stories between every book for the last months but once i got to this part i couldn't stop it, now i need to finish!

message 3: by Mel (last edited Jul 18, 2011 06:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Oh Dan & Vadim. Ooooh. But they are the best. I don't know about TA and I love iCoS, but they just don't compare to SF. It's in a league of its own really.
I agree: something light and fluffy after TA and then maybe iCoS and then something else light and fluffy and then maybe SF? Although: by that time you'll have your little munchkin and people who read SF have been known to totally forget about the outside world... so maybe wait a while? LOL

Btw: I haven't even been participating in my own challenge because I'm reading iCoS and it's so damn long. Next challenge you HAVE to participate. It'll be about the non-Brother BDB boys. I'm sure you can fit some TA in there :)

Celine I've been putting off SF because you forget the rest! i don't think now is a good moment to forget what's going on ;) the book will still be there next year...

I will participate in the next challenge, i miss it a little bit and by the time i'm done with TA i'll want to read some challenge-material!

it's just so amazing the stuff that's out there! i never thought so many good books existed!! gotta start sorting out my library for my new house....jippie ;)

message 5: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel I must say: thank God for m/m because there are some really good books out there and it's a nice change from UF. also: lots of good m/m books are free. In fact, the free ones are better than about 50% of the garbage that's published...

Celine hahaha! cheap ass :)))

very true though...TA is one of the best things i have read in a loooooooong time and apart from a few stories it's all for free.

I find i don't like the fluffy m/m's... it's got to be a detective or similar! well at least the people have to be strong and with backbone... i get annoyed when there is a very feminine weapy guy in the story. I read 'as you are' from ethan day....aarghghghghghgh *puke* fluffy fluffy pinky

give me Vic or Warrick anytime ;)

message 7: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel LOL, I don't think Ethan Day is my kinda thing either. As for good m/m detectives: you have to read the Adrien English series by Josh Lanyon (if you haven't already). That's another one I need to read asap. So many books, so little time!

Celine I started those! I only read the first so far....not overwhelmed but it's a good start so i'm waiting for the rest of the series to judge! I'm buying those in paperback..good stuff needs paper :)
but e-reading is just so comfy!

message 9: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel I know. I read stuff on my phone and it's just so handy, especially while commuting. :D