Adri's Reviews > The Cello Suites

The Cello Suites by Eric Siblin

Jul 17, 2011

Read from July 17 to 29, 2011

Such a delightful book. Beautifully written. As I said before: if you are a lover of classical music then please read this. It becomes even more relevant and gripping if you are a lover of cello music.

I discovered the Bach Cello Suites about 20 years ago and I loved and admired them ever since. Never having been a great lover of Bach's music this was a big surprise. This book gives such a valuable insight into Bach's life, the background to each of the six suites, to Pablo Casals and his discovery of the suites early in the 20th century, and to Eric Siblin's own journey of discovery.

I highly recommend this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cello Suites.

07/17/2011 page 50
15.0% "Enjoying the book immensely so far. Can't wait to get home to get going again."
07/25/2011 page 150
45.0% "Loving this book! Can't wait to get home at night to continue this journey. Listening to the music at the same time is pure magic!"
07/27/2011 page 250
74.0% "I am at that stage where you start reading more and more slowly because you do not want the book to end. This is such a great book. If you are at all interested in classical music then go out, get the book and become hooked - just like I did!"
show 1 hidden update…