Lady Allison's Reviews > Over the Edge

Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann

Aug 09, 2011

bookshelves: epub, suzanne-brockmann, love-love-love, suspense, navy-seal
Recommended for: Anyone who likes a good SUSPENSEFUL romance
Read from August 08 to 09, 2011

Oh my LORD, this book was intense. I can't stop thinking about it.

This is the third book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series & I'm officially addicted. There were the multiple plots & POVs again, but after I decided to skip the historical POV (not that it's not interesting! Just too distracting from the rest of the story) I could hardly put it down.

The main story is about a 747 that is hijacked by terrorists. The reason they chose that plane was because it had a U.S. Senator's daughter, Karen, aboard & they wanted to use her as leverage to make as big of a scene as possible - but Karen's passport was stolen & she was never able to get on the flight. When Gina, a student on the flight, realizes this & understands that unless these men find Karen, they will kill each & every person on the plane.

So, she stands up & says, "I'm Karen."

The brass balls this girl has absolutely inspires me. Even though the rest of the story was good, Gina's journey through her entire ordeal was the meat of it all. I loved how attached Max became, how he decided the government could go fuck themselves & (view spoiler).

The main romance in this one was Stanley Wolchonok (who's name I hate!) & Teri Howe. I really enjoyed Stan stand up for her & teach her how to stand up for herself - especially when she turned it around on him!Stan was a bit too self depreciating for my taste, but I'm glad he finally came around.

I was SO PISSED with how Alyssa & Sam's story was left. I'm sure Brockmann's got it under control, but I can't help but be upset at the time lost between them, JUST when things were getting good & feelings had been admitted. They're just so damn perfect for each other!

Even though I mostly skipped over the historical aspects on this one, I did love Helga, she was adorable. I think Brockmann did a good job of sticking us in the mind of someone who is succumbing to Alzheimer's even if it made me sad for my own grandmother who has already been pulled under.

All in all, a FANTASTIC novel with a gripping story, plenty of adrenaline, sizzling romance, intriguing plots. Can't wait for more of my SEALs!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Edge.

Quotes Lady Allison Liked

Suzanne Brockmann
“Damn, this op has been like a fucking Love Boat episode.”
Suzanne Brockmann, Over the Edge

Duchess Nicole Those are my SEALS, but I'll share with you. LOL! So glad you liked it!

Lady Allison LOL! Remember that sharing is caring!!! ;)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I loved this book and Stan is one of my fave Troubleshooters.

This book was so sad and intense (view spoiler)

I liked the historical bit in this one, although I can't for the life of me remember what it was about!

Lady Allison YES, that was crazy intense, I had a hard time getting through, too. I'm just glad she didn't get graphic. Especially since we as readers come to really care about Gina & admire what she did for the rest of the passengers. I sincerely hope Max wisens up & doesn't hold back from her.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Yeah, it was teh thought of it it was just horrible. I haven't got that far in the series yet, but I hear they do get a book! It is really hard toget these books in the UK, they don't sell them on Kindle and they don't sell them in bookshops

Lady Allison Oh, no! I have them on epub so you could read it on your computer with Adobe or Reader if you wanted, I don't think I can switch it to PDF though. I'd be happy to email whichever one you're one if you want to read it on your computer :)

Duchess Nicole They do get a book! Just to let you know for sure, and it's great! Love Max and Gina.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Thanks Allison that woudl be fab! I am determined to read them all eventually!

Lady Allison @Nicole, I love it! I'm loving all the May/December romances in her books, definitely a change from all the good looking 20 somethings all gravitating toward other great looking 20 somethings like usual.

@Suz, YAY! Okay, what numbers do you need? I have all of them except for 15.

Which reminds me, Nicole, do you have 16? I think I filled in which ever ones you didn't send me.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) ummm, just send them all if you can, I can't remember what I got to!

Lady Allison LOL, will do, milady!

Duchess Nicole Yes, I have # 16. I'll send it to you. Did you get #15?

Lady Allison I was wondering in case you needed it, but thanks anyway! 15 is the only one I don't have!!!

message 14: by Donnajo (new) - added it

Donnajo One of my all time favorite authors. If I haven't read the book already then I have it on the bookcase to be read. I love her standalone and her series. I think it might be time to stick in one of her books soon. I'm glad you are enjoying the series.

Lady Allison I totally am, thanks, Donnajo! :)