Johnny Bennett's Reviews > The Cure

The Cure by Sonia Levitin

M_50x66
Jul 23, 11

Read from July 17 to 23, 2011

Well, I have to say I was not thoroughly impressed with this book. The beginning of the book and the end of the book form one story and the middle tells a different story. I suppose there are a lot of books out there that are blatantly anti-Semitic and even more that are subversively so. This book is written from the Jewish stand point and details events in black plague Germany. And I while I fear this book accurately portrays a lot of the unfortunate vehemence and malice against the Jewish community I believe it approaches on anti-Christian. While much has been done in the name of Christ that actually tarnishes the reputation of His followers, I feel that every character that the author identified as Christian was portrayed as almost villainous. And it rankles me. One example of someone who identified with Christ in word AND deed would have been enough to ease my ire. Even if it was small showing. The writing was smooth enough that I was interested in the story and the pacing was a bit slow. Over, I would consider The Bronze Bow a much more enjoyable book though it would be contrary to the hopes of Sonia Levitin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cure.