Sara's Reviews > Code Name Verity

Apr 06, 13

bookshelves: i-love-these-books-so-much, elizabeth-e-wein-s-books
Recommended for: Sian Latham
Read in October, 2010

I might have enjoyed this book but it was so scientifically inaccurate that I couldn't.

You CAN'T light kerosine with a match, it just doesn't work.

(Not that I've tried it)

(Well, I have, but not down someone's throat.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Code Name Verity.

Estara How many tissues did you get through? I was in tears for most of the last 50 pages if I remember correctly, and on and off again in the first half.

Amanda Carson The very best book every written ever

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Amanda wrote: "The very best book every written ever" you are a little biased, Amanda

Amanda Carson Maybe. But a fact is still a fact

Estara Who is hijacking reviews here?

I love that you say you had to love the heroines because they remind you of your mother - which implies that you love your mother ^^.

Also, if E.Wein has that much wit and repartee in her daily dialogue, I really want to visit her at some point in my life ^^, just to sit and listen in awe!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth that's me, supremely witty and charming. hah.

as I recall, Sara read the first ten pages right after I'd first written them (beginning "I am a coward" and continuing "I'm going to give you anything you ask") and said, "Is this character based on me?

Estara Wow! ... was Verity based on her? ^^

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth OMG no!

Estara Heh ^^

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I can tell it was you who did the hijacking- you don't know how to use Apple Auto-Correct

message 11: by Sara (last edited Apr 15, 2012 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara And Mark would have spelt "Sarrs" right

Estara *grin* Sara, was there anything likely sounding in my manga recommendations on the Romeo & Juliet review?

Also, what is a Sarrs?

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth she has forwarded all the manga recommendations to me for ordering!

Sarrs is sara's nickname (one of many)

Estara Hah, it was supposed to be a choice thing ^^ - I'm relieved I didn't go to my manga shelves in detail and really dug in. ^^ Is there no English manga in your library? Well, the CMX ones are probably hard to get in a library, as the publisher was dissolved by parent company DC Comics...

Sarrs reminds me of SARS, but I didn't think that would be a likely answer ^^.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth yeah, I used to think of SARS too, but now I have switched associations.

there is English manga in our library, but it's a pretty limited selection, and they always only have something like "vol 4" and "vol 12" of any given series!

Estara Oh well, then I'll wish you good luck finding them in good condition at UBSs ^^ - it's unfortunately not a very cheap hobby.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth yeah, I've noticed that!

message 18: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I don't pay for it :D I've been graped...