Robin Duple's Reviews > Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta

Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

4892099
Jul 17, 11

Read in July, 2011

I really loved this children's graphic novel. I thought it was hilarious and creative -- while saving gym teachers and kids alike, Lunch Lady and her trusty sidekick Betty invent and use all sorts of clever contraptions meant to look like school lunch food items (a laser that looks like a ketchup packet, special headphones that let them hear conversations all over the school but that look like a hamburger, etc.) I loved the artwork, as well -- Lunch Lady has some of the best 80's hair I've ever seen.

Amazon says the reading level is ages 9-12, but I disagree. It was shelved in the 3rd-6th grade area of our library, and I think that's appropriate -- just the kind of humor and action that appeals to kids of that age. I could picture lots of the elementary school kids that are regulars at the library loving this story, and I plan to recommend it enthusiastically to anyone of that age who likes humor or superheroes (Betty and Lunch Lady even have a secret lair beneath the cafeteria kitchen!). Booklist and School Library Journal place it for grades 3-5 and grades 2-4, respectively.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta.