Iamthird's Reviews > Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream

U 50x66
Jul 17, 2011

liked it
Read in July, 2011

There is a radical global purpose for your life. I've blessed you so that the nations will know me and see my glory. Jesus commanded each of us to make disciples. SPEND our lives for the good of others and the glory of God. A few men who would THINK as he did, LOVE as he did, SEE as he did, TEACH as he did, SERVE as he did. Jesus simply, intentionally, systematically, patiently, walking alongside twelve men.
To whom can you deliberately, intentionally, and sacrificially show the life of Christ in this way?
pg 172 "We can rest confident in the fact that nothing will happen to us in this world apart from the gracious will of a sovereign God. Jesus knows every detail of our lives, and he cares for us deeply.
Real success is found in radical sacrifice. Ultimate satisfaction is found not in making much of ourselves but in making much of God.
Meaning is found in community, not individualism; joy found in Christ, not universalism.
Pray for the World.
Read through the Bible.
Sacrifice your money.
Spend one week serving - taking the gospel domestically or internationally

Commit your life to a community of believers that is intentionally multiplying the gospel by making disciples.

You and I have an average of about seventy or eighty years on this earth. During these years we are bombarded with the temporary. Make money. Get stuff. Be comfortable. Live well. Have fun. In the middle of it all, we get blinded to the eternal. But it's there. You and I stand on the porch of eternity. Both of us will soon stand before God to give an account for our stewardship of the time, the resources, the gifts, and ultimately the gospel he has entrusted to us. When that day comes, I am convinced we will not wish we had given more of ourselves to living the American dream. We will not wish we had made more money, acquired more stuff, lived more comfortably, taken more vacations, watched more television, pursued greater retirement, or been more successful in the eyes of this world. Instead we will wish we had given more of ourselves to living for the day when every nation, tribe, people, and language will bow around the throne and sing the praises of the Savior who delights in radical obedience and the God who deserves eternal worship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radical.