Rusty's Reviews > Blue Shoes and Happiness

U_50x66
Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read from July 17 to 18, 2011

Once again I returned to Botswana and the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. The issues in this mystery are blackmail, drug fraud, weight loss and happiness - strange mixture indeed but Smith weaves it all together to make a warm, humorous story. Precious Ramotswe's intent to lose weight is an all too human effort. At the same time she pursues the identity of a blackmailer and searches out a case of drug fraud perhaps perpetuated by a physician. And happiness comes from the purchase of a beautiful blue shoes too small for the buyer and an expensive leather chair comfortable enough for its owner. There is something about these little mysteries that I find so relaxing and enjoyable.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Shoes and Happiness.

07/17/2011 page 172
67.0% "Returning to Botswana and the experiences of Mme. Ramotswe's life as a detective, I am enjoying the musings of this charming, traditional woman who dispenses advice and helps others solve their problems. Perhaps her most important attribute is her ability to listen and hold her tongue when it is so important. I like the characters in this wonderfully, relaxing little mysteries."