Rogier's Reviews > Blood

Blood by K.J. Wignall

Nov 20, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, fantasy, young-adult, vampires, dnf, reviewed
Read from August 24 to October 31, 2011

Cover: Requested it right after I saw it on netgalley. Looked it up on Goodreads and saw a Uk cover I think. First loved that version but the Us started to grow on me and its now the better of the two [us cover]

Book: This is about Will, above 700 year old vampire but he looks like a 16 year old teenager. He hates the word vampire prefers the term Living Dead. He sleeps decades at a at a time reminds. He finds it to be a disease. And hate the being who did this to him.

I could have finished it, had 100 pages left but forgot about it while reading a other book and it expired. I often read two books at a time. Downloaded it again, started but could not get past page 50. Don’t know why.

It’s not that will is not likeable, gentle men like at times and not shimmering [I know a hint to twilight again] But did not feel attached to him or the girl he meets when he awakes in the 21 century after having 30 ish or more years of rest.

I did like the atmosphere and anecdotes of him in the past centuries. The front used made it very journal like. In a couple of centuries he liked a girl but a happy ending in all of them. Don’t know if the 21th century girl falls in love with him, did not finished it. There were signs of maybe a romance.

The enemy was a ENEMY. Those scenes were intense and you felt the atmosphere in the book. This is book 1 of the Trilogy and don't really know if i'll read book 2.A couple of people liked it on goodreads.

Egmont USA has been extremely gracious in allowing me to read a copy of this novel, via Netgalley, prior to its release on September 27, 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood.

08/25/2011
25.0% "this song really explains this book http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8b4Y..."
09/15/2014 marked as: dnf