Jessie's Reviews > Sophie's Turn

Sophie's Turn by Nicky Wells

Jul 17, 2011

bookshelves: rock-star-romance
Read in July, 2011

This is the perfect story to take with you for a weekend at the beach. Written in an easy, comfortable tone, you'll soon find yourself carried away into Sophie's world and unable to put the book down until you find out what happens next. I couldn't help but become envious of the main character, Sophie, as she finds herself engaged to two different yet wonderful men. I was right there with her thinking what would I do if this happened to me. Who would I choose? Why? What do any of us really want out of "happily ever after"? Nicky Wells has done a superb job creating this window into Sophie's life (journalist, girlfriend, rock music groupie, honest, passionate, average girl-next-door). No detail is left missing. And the pacing is spot on - definitely a page turner from half-way through to the end. Plus, as an American, I extra-specially liked the British-isms and somewhat different take on life than we usually read here in the states. This is simply a fun, quick read that I think anyone would enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sophie's Turn.