Jenn's Reviews > We'll Always Have Summer

bookshelves: slice-of-life, ya, library
Read in July, 2011

3 Stars over all content
5 Stars addiction factor

So, I found this series to be super addicting mostly because it's guilty please YA love triangle drama that one cannot ever seem to get enough of.

So the series is about two families who spend their summers together by the ocean. The mothers are best friends from childhood and every summer they have brought their children to the cabin for vacation. The children grow up together and over time two brothers, Conrad and Jeremiah develop feelings for Isabel whose nickname is Belly. Due to tragedy, life drama and teen angst their romantic stories go different directions. Which brother will she end up with and how heart wrenching will the decision be? You'll have to read it to find out.

The author does a nice job of mixing memories with the present. I would rate this book higher because it was soo addictive and I couldn't stop reading it, but it didn't break the mold or carry any life defining moments. It just reminded me of being a drama queen during my teen years.

*Spoiler* My only bone to pick has to do with the necklace that Conrad never gave Belly in the first book, but she later discovered in the second book and the meaning of it was explained in the third. I have a hard time with the explanation because it seems to me the reasoning for the necklace provided in the second book doesn't jive with the timeline provided in the third. It was said that the necklace was bought for Belly's 16th birthday, but Connor was too embarrassed to give it to her. Yet when the meaning of the necklace was provided it implied that the necklace was in reference to Conrad helping her with trig while they were dating, which happened after the necklace was bought. So at the time the necklace was bought it wouldn't have the same meaning as it appeared to have had in the story over all. Maybe I just confused myself because I stayed awake through the wee hours reading book two so I could read book three the next morning... Hope that made sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We'll Always Have Summer.